Volunteer Title: Friend of the Summerland Ornamental Gardens
Volunteer Description: Summerland Gardens provide a variety of volunteer opportunities throughout the growing season in tranquil surroundings.
Workday Activities May Include:
- Clean-up and weeding of garden borders and beds
- Plant divisions and propagation
- Mulching garden beds
- Labeling and Plant identification
- Monitoring of existing plants, insects or birds
- Leadership opportunities are available as a Volunteer Guide, or with outreach and educational programming
What to expect on a Volunteering Workday: Volunteers work closely with a seasoned staff member or volunteer. Some workdays may include an interpretative walk and special education programming. A normal day would be from 8:00 am through noon.
For more information, please contact:
Connie Davis, Volunteer Coordinator